Dragon Ball FighterZ
Based on the Dragon Ball manga and anime series, FighterZ takes place during several parts of the Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super storylines. Similar to the Marvel vs. Capcom series, standard fights are played in a single-round 3-on-3 tag-team scenario (where players can switch between teammates mid-round and can perform "assist attacks" with teammates).
It utilizes various elements from the developer's Guilty Gear Xrd series of fighting games, including some gameplay systems (such as "Roman Cancels" and "Dust Attacks") and a technique of using specialized cel-shading and limited animation in Unreal Engine 4 to give the illusion of 2D hand-drawn character art. It is their fourth adaptation of the series after the handheld fighting games Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2, and Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden.
The game includes 24 playable characters and transformations in its roster (25 if counting Golden Frieza, who can only be transformed with a Super Ability), which spans throughout the Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super arcs of the Dragon Ball manga and television series. Only one character, Android 21, is an original character made solely for this game.
- Goku (Super Saiyan form, with his later Super Saiyan Blue form as an unlockable)
- Gohan (young Super Saiyan 2 and adult "Ultimate" forms)
- Vegeta (Super Saiyan form, with his later Super Saiyan Blue form as an unlockable)
- Captain Ginyu
- Frieza (final form, can transform into his Golden form)
- Trunks (future timeline, Super Saiyan form)
- Android 16
- Android 18
- Cell ("perfect" form)
- Gotenks (Super Saiyan 3 form)
- Majin Buu (both his "Fat" and pure "Kid" forms)
- Goku Black (Super Saiyan Rosé form)
- Android 21 (transformed, unlockable)