Saints Row IV
It is the fourth entry in the Saints Row franchise and the first to be published by Deep Silver (after acquiring it from the bankrupted THQ). It was originally meant to be a downloadable expansion for Saints Row: The Third but was later expanded into a full game.
Set five years after the events of Saints Row: The Third, players control the customizable leader of the Third Street Saints. After taking the Saints from an ordinary street gang to an international multi-media empire throughout the series, the Boss is now the President of the United States (with his comrades and former adversaries as his administration and Keith David as the Vice President). When aliens (known as the Zin and led by Emperor Zinyak) invade Earth, the Saints are kidnapped and transported into a digital recreation of Steelport (known as "Simulation 31") Now it's up to the Boss, who now has access to crazy weapons and insane superpowers, to escape the simulation and take down the Zin Empire.
Like Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV received numerous themed DLC packs (including unique outfits, weapons, vehicles, homies, and superpowers) and some downloadable sets of missions (Enter the Dominatrix and How the Saints Save Christmas). The game was used as the base for a spin-off epilogue, titled Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell, on January 20, 2015.
The game was ported to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 by High Voltage and released, with all DLC included, as Saints Row IV: Re-Elected on January 20, 2015. The retail PS4 and XONE versions of the game were bundled with Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell. The PC version of the game also received Linux support on December 21, 2015.
The newest addition of super powers significantly changes the way players move and behave in the open world of virtual Steelport. Cars and aircraft soon become worthless, as the player is able to run, jump and glide with incredible speed and agility. These super powers are upgraded using Clusters that players find around Steelport, of which there are over 1200.
Throughout the simulation are alien checkpoints and bases to be destroyed as well as new and returning minigames to facilitate further destruction. New weapons are available including those of the alien variety.
Players are able to leave the simulation via glowing doors around Steelport to return to the real world, where the Saints have established their "crib" in a space ship. Here, the player can converse with their homies and more.
The game includes two downloadable sets of missions, both of which can be bought in a season pass (includes a discount and early, complete access to The Rectifier DLC).
Enter the Dominatrix
Released on October 23, 2013 for $6.99, Enter the Dominatrix presents itself as a series of "deleted scenes" from the cut standalone expansion to Saints Row: The Third (also titled Enter the Dominatrix, with elements that later appear in Saints Row IV), narrated by the Third Street Saints and Zinyak (all breaking the fourth wall).
Set one year after the events in Saints Row: The Third, Steelport is invaded by the Zin Empire. With the help from his comrades, The Boss must defeat Zinyak and his A.I., the Dominatrix, who traps the Saints into a simulation of Steelport.
- Unlockable Weapons: Flamethrower, Grenade Launcher, Heavy Minigun
- Unlockable Vehicles: Dildozer, XXX Gunslinger, Naughty F-69 VTOL
- Unlockable Outfits: Spank Me
- Unlockable Homies: Josh Birk (and Nyteblade variant), Donnie, Zimos, Dom the Dom, The Dominatrix, Velociraptor Ned
How the Saints Saved Christmas
Released on December 10, 2013 for $6.99, How the Saints Saved Christmas parodies old light-hearted Christmas movies.
The Boss, who refuses to believe in the spirit of Christmas, is visited by a time-traveling post-apocalyptic version of Shaundi, who warns the crew that an evil warlord named Clawz threatens to destroy Christmas (along with everything else). Reluctantly, the Boss must learn of the true spirit of Christmas, rescue Santa Claus from the simulation, and prevent Clawz from taking over the North Pole.
- Unlockable Weapons: Crimson Cowboy, North Pole, Xmas Dubstep
- Unlockable Vehicles: Sleigh One, Gingerbread Van, Dasher, Slayer, Jolly Compton
- Unlockable Outfits: Xmas Sweater, Elf Suit
- Unlockable Homies: Future Shaundi, Mrs. Claus, Clawz, Gingerbread Men, Santa
- Unlockable Activities: Genki Holiday Special, Naughty and Nice
- Commander-in-Chief Pack - Originally a pre-order bonus (and later released for $1.99 on September 25, 2013). Includes three patriotic U.S. content: 'Merica weapon, the Screaming Eagle VTOL vehicle, and the Uncle Sam outfit.
- Team Fortress 2 Pack - A pre-order exclusive for the Steam version. Includes three weapons based on Valve's Team Fortress 2: TF2 Flamethrower, TF2 Rainblower, and TF2 RPG.
- The Rectifier - Originally an exclusive bonus for purchasing the Season Pass (and later released for $0.99 on February 11, 2014). Includes the Rectifier Probe weapon.
- Executive Privilege Pack - Released for $2.99 on August 19, 2013. Includes seven unlocked cheats: All Super Upgrades, 100% Super Powers, Car Mass Hole, Never Die, Infinite Ammo, and Unlimited Clip.
- Presidential Pack - Released for $2.99 on August 27, 2013. Includes four masks based on U.S. Presidents (The Original Prez, Honest Abe, Dubya, and Barry-O), the Patroit outfit, the Prairie Dress outfit, and The Franklin hairstyle.
- Dubstep Gun (Remix) Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 3, 2013. Includes the Dubstep Gun (DLC Remix) weapon, which must be separately upgraded and includes four skins: Classical (playing Ride of the Valkyries), Oktoberfest (playing polka), Dethmettal (playing death metal), and Swingtime (playing big band).
- GAT V Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 16, 2013 (and free for one day on Steam). Includes the Johnny Gat costume, Aisha costume, Knifethrower weapon, and Reynolds .50 HMG weapon.
- Wild West Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 17, 2013. Includes cowboy-themed content: the Old West outfit, Old West Dress outfit, Western Revolver weapon, and Western Shotgun weapon.
- Volition Comics Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 25, 2013. Includes two superhero outfits: Iron Rogue and Queen Amazonia.
- Grass Roots Pack - Released for $2.99 on September 27, 2013.
- The Super Saints Pack - Released for $2.99 on October 29, 2013. Includes a variety of superhero outfits.
- Bradygames Pack - Released for $0.99 on October 29, 2013. Includes an alternate skin for the Heavy SMG (the BG-40, with four variants).
- Hey Ash, Watcha Playin'? Pack - Released for $1.99 on November 3, 2013. Includes three homies based on the internet web series Hey Ash, Watcha Playin'?: Ashly Burch, Anthony Burch, and Papa Burch.
- Pirate's Booty Pack - Released for $2.99 on November 5, 2013. Includes content based on pirates: the Deck Swabber outfit (which is split into different pieces of clothing), Scallywagon vehicle, and Flintlock weapon skins (for the Heavy Pistol and Sniper Rifle).
- Thank You Pack - Released for free on November 12, 2013. Includes a variety of clothing pieces (Apocalyptic Goggles, Pop Hat, Double-O Tux, Pop Star, Road Barbarian, and All I Got Was This Lousy Tee) and two weapon skins (Oppressor Minigun for the Lasergun Arm and Oppressor Minelayer for the Minethrower Arm).
- Element of Destruction Pack - Released for $2.99 on November 26, 2013. Includes four explosion-themed superpower variants: Explosive Chain Blast, Telekinetic Time Bomb, Explosive Buff, and Airstrike Stomp.
- Zinyak Attack Pack - Released for $1.99 on November 26, 2013. Includes costumes based on the game's antagonists: two Zin Solder outfits, a Warden outfit, and a Zinyak costume.
- Child's Play Pack - Released for $2.99 (with proceeds going to the Child's Play charity) on December 12, 2013. Is no longer available on Steam. Includes the Digital Dino outfit, Robo Chimp outfit, and Retro Racer vehicle.
- Anime Pack - Released for $2.99 on January 7, 2014. Includes anime-themed content: Shonen outfit, Shojo Cutie outfit, Eastern Angles hairstyle, Totes Kawaii hairstyle, Braver Sword weapon variant (for the Energy Sword), and Kaiju-XL weapon variant (for the Disintegrator).
- Stone Age Pack - Released for $2.99 on January 14, 2014. Includes prehistoric-themed content: Prehistoric Pretty outfit, Stone Age Stud outfit, and Stoned vehicle.
- Bling Bling Pack - Released for $9.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes four money-themed superpower variants: Make It Rain Stomp, Midas Touch Buff, Bling Blast, and Shakedown Telekinesis.
- College Daze Pack - Released for $2.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes content based on college fraternities/sororities: the Collegiate Casual outfit, Sorority Chic outfit, and Shayne's Barstool Racer vehicle.
- Game On Pack - Released for $2.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes content based on golf (with the Golf Club weapon, Fore! outfit, Pebble Beach Special hat, and Puck Truck vehicle) and hockey (with the Hockey Stick weapon, Waffle-Boarder outfit, and Goalie mask).
- GameStop Warped Weapon Challenge - Released for $0.99 on February 5, 2014. Includes the winning entry of the GameStop Warped Weapon Challenge: the Polarizer.
- Reverse Cosplay Pack - Released for free on February 5, 2014. Includes two outfits based on the winning entries of the Reverse Cosplay contest: Genki Space Pimp and Freckle Bitch.
|The Mix 107.77|
|Mad Decent 106.9|
|Four 20 103.6|
Special Editions / Versions
Hail to the Chief Edition / Pre-order Bonus
Pre-orders for the game on launch will receive a DLC pack that includes the 'MERICA Weapon and Uncle Sam Suit and a Screaming Eagle Jet.
Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition
For $99.99 pre-orders of this limited edition can recieve:
- A "Hail to the Chief" edition of Saints Row IV game
- 12" Dubstep Gun Replica
- Statue of Johnny Gat
- Pocket Sized Doomsday Dubstep button
Commander in Chief Edition / Pre-Order Steam Exclusive
Pre-Purchase Saints Row IV and get 3 exclusive Team Fortress 2 weapon costumes to use in Saints Row IV:
The Rainblower, the Flamethrower and the Rocket Launcher.
PC System Requirements
|OS:||Windows Vista (x86 or x64) with SP2||OS:||Windows 7 (x86 or x64), Windows 8 compatible|
|Processor:||Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | AMD Athlon II x3||Processor:||Intel i3 2100T | AMD Phenom II x4 or higher|
|Memory:||2 GB RAM||Memory:||4 GB RAM|
|HDD Space:||10 GB available space||HDD Space:||10 GB available space|
|Video Card:||NVIDIA GTX 260 | AMD Radeon HD 5800 series||Video Card:||NVIDIA GTX 560 | AMD Radeon HD 6800 series or higher|
|DirectX:||Version 10||DirectX:||Version 11|